Naivasha town is in Nakuru County a distance of 92 km from Nairobi. It is a market town with it economy mainly supported by agriculture especially the floriculture and tourism.
Naivasha has warm and temperate climate.
The annual average temperature is 17°C with the warmest month of the year being March (18°C) and the coldest is July (16°C).
The annual average rainfall is 677 mm with the driest month being January (34 mm) and the wettest is May (119 mm).
Best Time to Visit Naivasha
You can visit Naivasha all year round. It close to the equator and weather is never to the extremes.
How to get to Naivasha
The town is located along the Nairobi-Nakuru highway a distance of 92 km from Nairobi and 98 km from Nakuru
You can alternatively use the Naivasha Airstrip
Things to do in Naivasha
- Game viewing at Hells Gate, Crescent Island Game Sanctuary, and Mount Longonot National Park
- Nature walks at River Malewa, Crater Lake
- Hiking at the Hells Gate and Crater Lake
- Boat safaris at the Karangita Public Beach
- Evening entertainment at the various city night clubs
Tourist Attraction Sites in Naivasha
- Hells Gate National Park
- Lake Naivasha
- Longonot National Park
- Mount Longonot
- Crescent Island Game Sanctuary
- Lake Oloiden
- Lake Sonachi-a green crater lake
- Crater Lake Game Sanctuary
- Olkaria Geothermal Spa
- Lake Naivasha Hippo Camp & Wildlife Sanctuary
- Naivasha Owl Centre
- Elsamere Conservation Centre
Naivasha Hotels & Lodges
Naivasha Hotels and Lodges are so vibrant and brilliant. They are world-class with local and international dishes.
Whether you need luxury, budget, or a family hotel, you will definitely get it.
Luxurious Naivasha Hotels have modern facilities and amenities such as private balconies, television sets, tea and coffee making facilities, cleaning services, room air-conditioning, fitness centre, spa, room service, and 24-hour front desk.
Family Naivasha Hotels go further to offer family rooms and children/babysitting services.
Cheap or Budget Naivasha Hotels have affordable prices letting budget travellers stay in a comfortable place while paying less.