Nairobi is Kenya’s Capital and is referred to as the Green City in the Sun. it is Kenya’s administrative center and home to the Nairobi Stock Exchange, one of Africa’s largest. It is also home to thousands of Kenya businesses and many international companies and organizations such as the United Nations Environmental Programme, UN-Habitat, and United Nations Office at Nairobi, Coca-Cola, IBM Services, General Electric, Google, and Cisco Systems.
It has a generous number of world-class hotels, dining restaurants, malls,
Nairobi has a warm and temperate climate.
Average annual temperature is 19°C. The warmest month of the year is March, with an average temperature of 21°C. The coldest month of the year is July, with an average temperature of 18°C.
The annual average rainfall is 869 mm. The wettest month of the year is April while July is the driest.
Best Time to Visit Nairobi
You can visit Nairobi all year round. Nairobi is situated close to the equator and it hard to have extreme weather.
How to get to Nairobi
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport is the country’s main airport for international flights.
Nairobi is well connected well linked to the rest of Kenya through several modern infrastructural networks (airports & roads). To move around the city, you can use vans, buses, taxis, tuk tuks,
Things to do in Nairobi
- Game viewing at the Nairobi National Park, Nairobi Safari Walk, Nairobi Animal Orphanage, Giraffe Centre and David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Visiting historic sites such as the Karen Blixen Museum, Nairobi National Museum, Railway Museum, Nairobi Gallery and the National Archives
- Hiking at Ngong Hills
- Nature walks at Karura Forest, Ngong Hills, Arboretum and Oloolua
- Souvenir shopping at the various Masai Markets such as the City Market at the CBD, Village Market among others
- Sight viewing at Uhuru Park and at the top of Kenyatta International Conference (KICC)
- Evening entertainment at the various city night clubs
Tourist Attraction Sites/Areas of Interest
- Nairobi National Park
- Nairobi Animal Orphanage
- David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Giraffe Centre
- Ngong Hills
- Mamba Village
- Karura Forest
- Kenya Railway Museum
- Karen Blixen Museum
- Nairobi National Museum
- National Archives
- Village Market
- City Market.
Nairobi Hotels and Lodges
Nairobi Hotels and Lodges are so vibrant and brilliant. They are world-class with local and international dishes.
Whether you need luxury, budget, or a family hotel, you will definitely get it.
Luxurious Nairobi Hotels have modern facilities and amenities such as private balconies, television sets, tea and coffee making facilities, cleaning services, room air-conditioning, fitness centre, spa, room service, and 24-hour front desk.
Family Nairobi Hotels go further to offer family rooms and children/babysitting services.
Cheap or Budget Nairobi Hotels have affordable prices letting budget travellers stay in a comfortable place while paying less.
I have compiled this comprehensive list of the Nairobi Hotels & Lodges that will meet your travel needs and budget, thus, ensuring your travel experience is top notch and memorable.