Infinix Smart 5 was announced in August 2020 with a 6.6-inch HD+ display and 5000mAh battery. It is expected to be available/ released to the market this month of August 2020.
Infinix Smart 5 is an entry-level smartphone for those who want a phone with premium features -like an immersive cinematic display, high processing performance, and a massive battery -that is pocket-friendly.
Infinix Smart 5 Specs Summary
- Size: 6.6 Inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels
- Main camera: 13Mp+QVGA+QVGA
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Processor: Octa-core 1.8 GHz
- Memory:2/3GB, 32/64GB
- Capacity: 5000mAh
- Charging: 10W
Infinix Smart 5 Details Summary
Infinix Smart 5 body is made of a glass front, plastic back, and a plastic frame. It has a thickness of 8.8mm thickness and comes in 3 colors – midnight black, ice blue, and Quetzal Cyan colors.
Smart 5 is a dual-SIM smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards.
It comes with a 6.6-inch IPS LCD HD+ water-drop notch display with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels translating to 266 ppi density and 86.6% screen-to-body ratio.
It runs on XOS 6 based Android 10 Go edition which is a stripped-down version of Android distribution designed for entry and ultra-budget smartphones.
Infinix Smart 5 is powered by an Octa-core processor cloaked at 1.8GHz and is paired with 2/3GB RAM and 32/64GB ROM. The internal storage is expandable up to 256GB through a dedicated microSD slot.
The triple main camera has a primary lens of 13MP, and two QVGA lenses. It features a triple-LED flash and with it, you can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
The selfie camera is a single with an 8MP lens. It features a dual-LED flash and with it, you can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps as well.
Infinix Smart 5 battery is non-removable with 5000mAh capacity. The charging speed for this gadget is 10W.
To make Infinix Smart 5 more appealing to its consumers, it comes with features like a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, microUSB 2.0, FM radio, GPS, Bluetooth, in-built Wi-Fi, loudspeaker, and a 3.5mm jack to connect to your current headset.
But what makes this gadget popular or infamous to its users? Here are the pros and cons of Infinix Smart 5. As we discuss Smart 5 advantages and disadvantages, you must put into consideration the price you pay for it and what it is –an entry-level smartphone.
Infinix Smart 5 Pros (Advantages)
- This device has an immersive cinematic display. The display is generously huge with high resolution. You will enjoy watching and streaming videos, sharing, and browsing through your phone as this display is clear and distraction-free. It is distraction-free since it is a Water-drop Notch display for the 8MP selfie camera and has a thin bezel.
- You will enjoy high processing performance than peers. The 1.8GHz Octa-core processor paired with 2/3GB RAM delivers high processing performance when streaming content, running apps, and gaming.
- Infinix Smart comes with a triple rear camera which is quite generous given its price tag. We don’t know what the two QVGA lenses do, but we think they are more or less for marketing purposes.
- Have you noted anything unique with Smart 5? By now you should. The selfie camera comes with a dual-LED flash let alone one. Even high-end smartphones miss this. This implies both rear and front camera will do just fine in low light scenarios.
- Infinix Smart 5 maintains the old 3.5mm headphone jack, thus, enabling you to connect your current headset when listening to music, watching videos, or when gaming.
- It is packed with premium features found with mid and high-end units despite its price tag such as a fingerprint sensor, GPS, FM radio, and 4G network support.
- To keep you powered all day long doing what you love to do with this phone, Infinix Smart 5 is packed with a massive battery. You can play games, watch videos, listen to music, share, take pictures, shoot videos, and call without worrying about running low in power.
Infinix Smart 5 Cons (Disadvantages)
- Its body is mostly made of plastic. The frame and the back are made of plastic meaning it is prone to scratch and easy to break. The display is made of glass but has no in-built screen protection hence also prone to scratch -unless you buy a separate screen protector.
- Lacks NFC meaning you cannot make secure wireless payment via close wireless payment terminals.
What is Infinix Smart 5 Price?
Infinix has not provided pricing for this gadget but will be available soon once it is released.
Should you buy Smart 5? It is worth consideration. You buy it if…
- You want a budget smartphone with the much-needed premium features
- You want a phone with an immersive cinematic display
- You want a smartphone with a massive battery
What is in the Box? Infinix Smart 5 Unboxing
What is in the compact box? -Coming soon once Smart 5 is released.
Infinix Smart 5 Full Specs
|Technology||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|Speed||HSPA 21.1/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps|
|Dimensions||165.4 x 73.4 x 8.8 mm (6.51 x 2.89 x 0.35 in)|
|Build||Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame|
|SIM||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.6 inches (~86.6% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||720 x 1600 pixels (~266 ppi density)|
|Operating System||XOS 6 based on Android 10 Go Edition|
|CPU||Octa-core 1.8 GHz|
|Card Slot||microSDXC (dedicated slot)|
|Triple Main Camera|
|Single Selfie Camera|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (Rear-mounted, optical), accelerometer, proximity|
|Type & Capacity||Non-removable Li-Po 50000 mAh|
|Smart 5 Colors||Midnight Black, ICE Blue, Green, and Quetzal Cyan colors|
|Infinix Smart 5 Price||Coming soon!|