Tecno Spark 5 is the new sheriff in town and succeeds Tecno Spark 4 in the spark series.
It is a pocket-friendly smartphone having all the much-needed features in the current smartphone technology space.
It was announced in May 2020 and later released on the same month with Android 10, 6.6-inch display, AI quad main camera, quad-LED flash, and a massive battery.
Tecno Spark 5 is now available in Kenya and comes in 4 colors -ice jadeite, spark orange, vacation blue, and misty grey –with a wavy grooved pattern on the back.
Buy Tecno Spark 5 for KES 13,399 from Jumia Kenya Now –Lowest price in the market DEAL
But before getting much into the detail on what makes this phone popular in the budget category, here are Tecno Spark 5 Pros and Cons.
Tecno Spark 5 Pros
- AI quad main camera
- A monstrous battery
- Rear Quad-LED flash
- Selfie Dual-LED flash
- Android 10 –latest android operating system
- Big immersive display
- 2.0 GHz Octa-core processor
- 4G network support
Tecno Spark 5 Cons
- It is not waterproof
- Non-removable battery hence not easy to replace
- Body mostly made of plastic
Tecno Spark 5 Specs Summary
- Size: 6.6 Inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels
- Main camera: 13MP
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Chipset & Processor: Helio A22, 2.0GHz Octa-core
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM
- Capacity: 5000mAh
- Fast Charging: –
Tecno Spark 5 boasts a 6.6-inch Infinity-O IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and an 83.7% screen-to-body ratio translating to 266 ppi density.
With its price tag in mind, this display is quite immersive and will serve you well while streaming content, gaming, sharing, and browsing through your phone.
Platform, Performance, and Memory
Tecno Spark 5 runs on the HIOS 6.1 operating system based on Android 10 allowing you a wide range of user customization.
It is powered by Helio A22 chipset and a 2.0GHz Octa-core processor paired with 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM (Internal Storage).
And with that, the performance of this gadget is quite acceptable and will handle most of the tasks smoothly.
Tecno Spark 5 Camera
It comes with an AI quad main camera with a 13MP sensor with an f/1.8 aperture, 2MP macro lens, 2MP depth sensor and QVGA (hoping it is here to serve a purpose and not just to boost camera count as a marketing strategy.
This rear camera features an impressive quad-LED flash, panorama, and HDR.
The selfie camera is 8MP with an f/2.0 aperture and features Dual-LED flash and HDR.
A selfie single-LED flash is quite rare even with mid and high-end phones leave alone a dual one. This a big plus for Spark 5 meaning you can capture clear photos and shoot video in environments with poor lighting conditions.
With both cameras, you can shoot and broadcast video with 1080p resolution at 30fps.
We find it important to mention that the selfie camera is also used to face unlock this device.
Tecno Spark 5 battery is massive with 5000mAh. This is another big plus for this device.
Upon testing, this battery will keep you powered better part of the day if you performing power-hungry tasks such as gaming, streaming, playing videos, or sharing.
In case you are just a basic user, expect this phone to keep you powered for at least 2 days if not 3.
We are not sure of the charging speed but if not mentioned, it must be average.
Tecno Spark 5 Features
Features that come with spark 5 include a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go, FM radio, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm jack, loudspeaker, and a 4G network support.
Tecno Spark 5 Price in Kenya
Loaded with all that information, I bet the question running in your head is –What is the price of Tecno Spark 5?
And the simple answer is –The price of Tecno spark 5 in Kenya is KES 13,399 if you buy it through this link on Jumia but I bet will be a little bit higher if you look for it elsewhere.
The price tag of Tecno spark 5is very pocket friendly and will indeed return value for your money given all the features it bears.
What’s in the Box? Tecno Spark 5 Unboxing
This gadget comes in a compact box. Upon opening it, you will find the phone itself, charger head, USB cable, earphones, screen protector, SIM removal tool, clear plastic case, warranty, and a manual.
Why but Tecno Spark 5? You buy it if…
- You want a pocket-friendly smartphone packed with features
- You want to be on the cutting edge 4G network
- You want a smartphone with AI quad camera
Techno Spark 5 Full Technical Specs
- Network: Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE, Bands: 2G, 3G, & 4G bands, Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Body: Dimensions 164.7 x 76.3 x 8.8 mm (6.48 x 3.00 x 0.35 in), SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, Size: 6.6 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio), Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~266 ppi density)
- Platform: Operating System: Android 10, HIOS 6.1, Chipset: MediaTek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm), CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53, GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot), Internal: 32GB 2GB RAM
- Quad Main Camera: 13 MP, f/1.8, PDAF, 2 MP, (macro), 2 MP, (depth), QVGA, Features: Quad-LED flash, panorama, & HDR, Video: 1080p@30fps
- Single Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide), Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, Video: 1080p@30fps
- Sound: Loudspeaker: Yes, 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Communications: WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth: Yes, GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, Radio: FM radio, USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Features: Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, & proximity
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh
- Infinix Spark 5 Colors: ice jadeite, spark orange, vacation blue, and misty grey