Xiaomi Redmi 9A was released in July 2020 and bears a price tag that won’t break the bank. It is certainly a budget smartphone with premium features.
It is a dual SIM 4G smartphone and weighs 194g with 3 colors to choose from – granite gray, peacock green, and sky blue.
Buy Xiaomi Redmi 9A for KES 9,999 on Jumia Now –the lowest price you will get in the market – DEAL
Xiaomi Redmi 9A Pros
- Fabulous display
- Pocket friendly
- Good processing performance
- Generous camera given the price tag
- 3.5mm jack hence you can connect to your current headset
- Monstrous battery to keep you powered all day long
Xiaomi Redmi 9A Cons
- No LED flashlight for the selfie camera
- Non-removable battery hence not easy to replace
- No fast charging
Xiaomi Redmi 9A Specs Summary
- Size: 6.53 Inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels
- Chipset & Processor: Helio G25, 2.0GHz Octa-core
- Memory: 2G RAM, 32GB
- Rear & Selfie Camera: 13MP, 5MP
- Video: 1080p
- Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po, 5000 mAh
- Fast Charging: No
Xiaomi Redmi 9A has a 6.53-Inch Infinity-U IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and 269 ppi density. This display is huge and immersive almost distraction-free and you will enjoy streaming content, gaming, sharing, and browsing through your phone with a smile given the price you paid to own one.
This gadget runs on MIUI 12 skin based on Android 10.0. It is powered by Helio G25 chipset and a 2.0GHz Octa-core processor paired with 2GB RAM. The performance of this Redmi 9A is acceptable based on the price you pay to own it. Internal storage is generous too with 32GB to store your files which can be expanded through a dedicated microSDXC slot.
The main camera is a single with cool 13MP and features HDR, panorama, and a LED flashlight to capture the world around you in style. The selfie camera is good too with 5MP and features HDR. With Xiaomi Redmi 9A, you can shoot and broadcast clear 1080p live videos, and how you make video calls will never be the same again.
The battery for Redmi 9A is huge with 5000mAh capacity meaning you can do what you love with this phone –stream videos and music, play games, share, capture photos –without worrying about running low in power. And in case you run low, you can power up with 10W charging.
More features that come with Xiaomi Redmi 9A include accelerometer, gyro, proximity sensor, microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go, infrared port, GPS, Bluetooth, loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack, and 4G network.
What is the price of Xiaomi Redmi 9A in Kenya? The price of Redmi 9A in Kenya is KES 9,999.
Why buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 9? You buy it if…
- You want a budget smartphone with premium features –a great camera, 4G network, generous internal storage, etc.
- You want a phone with a big immersive display without breaking the bank
- You want a smartphone with high processing performance
- You want a phone with a massive battery to keep you powered in your busy life
What is in the box? Xiaomi Redmi 9A unboxing
Redmi 9A comes in a compact box. Upon opening it, you will find a phone -Redmi 9A, SIM ejection tool, USB cable, charger, warranty, and manual booklet.
Xiaomi Redmi 9A Full Technical Specs
- Network: Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE, Bands: 2G, 3G, and 4G, Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Body: Dimensions 9 x 77 x 9 mm (6.49 x 3.03 x 0.35 in), Weight 194 g (6.84 oz), SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, Size 53 inches, 102.9 cm2 (~81.1% screen-to-body ratio), Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density), 400 nits typ. Brightness
- Platform: Operating System: Android 10, MIUI 12, Chipset: MediaTek Helio G25 (12 nm), CPU: 720 x 1600 pixels Cortex-A53, GPU: PowerVR GE8320 (650 MHz)
- Memory: Card slot microSDXC (dedicated slot), Internal Memory: 32GB ROM, 2GB RAM
- Single main Camera: 13 MP, PDAF, Features: LED flash, HDR, and panorama, Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Single Selfie Camera: 5 MP, f/2.2, 1.12µm, Features: HDR, Video: 1080p@30fps
- Sound: Loudspeaker: Yes, 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Communications: WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, Infrared port: Yes, USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Features: Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh, Charging: 10W
- Xiaomi Redmi 9A Colors: Granite Gray, Peacock Green, Sky Blue